The StrongHearts Philosophy:
The name StrongHearts School of Movement is derived from the key tenants of our philosophy on training and on living an extraordinary life.
We believe in the universal importance of strength to an extraordinary human experience. Strength in all its aspects, Physical Strength, Strength of Character, Strength of Integrity and Strength of Commitment. Our goal at StrongHearts is to not only help you develop your body but also your mind. Movement has the capability to be trans-formative. We love watching our clients transform from average joes to vibrant, powerful, confident, extraordinary people.
Heart is the no quit attitude that champions posses – it is the unshakable inner dialog that allows you to achieve things where others would give up. Heart is also a symbol of compassion and concern for each other. At StrongHearts we believe that both are complementary and that by working together we will all achieve results greater than the sum of their parts. Forging a rock solid inner dialog where we know that we can not fail, and we will do everything in our power to help others succeed as well brings our community together and drives us all to the pinnacle of performance.
We believe that quality of movement trumps the quantity of movement every time. We focus on mindful mastery of our bodies so that we can truly embody Virtuosity – doing the common, uncommonly well. This doesn’t mean we never push ourselves or challenge ourselves to move outside of our comfort zones – far from it. We love a challenge, but we also understand the importance of having a solid foundation. StrongHearts School of Movement is just that – a school of movement where we work with our clients to help them grow from physical first graders to phd’s or as far as they want to go. The better you move, the more you will want to move, and the more you move better – the better you will be =)
Essential ingredients to optimal performance and an extraordinary life
We look at the human body and mind as a holistic unit that needs to be trained together in order to bring out the best in us. Physically Human ability can be broken down into 10 physical skills or domains:
- Cardiovascular/respiratory endurance: The ability of body systems to gather, process, and deliver oxygen.
- Stamina: The ability of body systems to process, deliver, store, and utilize energy.
- Strength: The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply force.
- Flexibility: the ability to maximize the range of motion at a given joint
- Power: The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply maximum force in minimum time.
- Speed: The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
- Coordination: The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
- Agility: The ability to minimize transition time from one movement pattern to another.
- Balance: The ability to control the placement of the bodies center of gravity in relation to its support base.
- Accuracy: The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.
Mentally we have found that there are 3 pillars that dictate the persons capacity for optimal performance, they are: